GVIA Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, 14th November 2018
GVIA Boardroom, 100 Balo Street, Moree
Annual General Meeting: 9:00 – 9:45am
- Confirm the minutes of the last annual general meeting held 27th September 2017
- Chairman’s Report – Joe Robinson
- Treasurer’s Report – Nick Gillingham
- Committee Election, the GVIA received 11 fully executed nominations received by the due date include:
General Meeting: 9:45 – 11:00am
- Panel Discussion on “Preparing for a 2019 and beyond – the future of the irrigation industry” – panel to include members of the GVIA and:
- NSW Irrigators’ Council CEO, Luke Simpkins. Luke will introduce himself and outline key areas of influence for the NSWIC with the up-coming NSW state election.
- National Irrigators’ Council CEO, Steve Whan. Steve will provide an overview of NIC activities to-date and priorities for the upcoming Federal Election.
2. Wetland restoration in the Gwydir Valley – Daryl Albertson, NSW OEH. Daryl is the Senior Wetlands & Rivers Conservation Officer and
NSW Environmental water Manager for the Gwydir (Macintyre and Namoi valleys) and will present via webinar an overview or works, water
deliveries and outcomes in the Gwydir Wetlands.
BREAK – morning tea
Gwydir Wetlands Tour: 11:30am – 3:30pm
Visiting core wetland sites to see outcomes of recent water deliveries:
- Old Dromana
Discussion with NSW OEH and CEWO on communicating environmental deliveries and future collaboration opportunities.
RSVP to Zara, email@example.com, 0267521399 by Monday, 12th November